2009/03/08

2009 Fraser Valley Boat & Sportmen's Show (Recap)

Well, as they say... the best laid plans. In spite of my best intentions I was not able to post a review of the show on the weekend, but here's a quick recap and a few pictures from the Sportsman's show.

The show venue was the Tradex facility immediately adjacent to the Abbotsford Airport. While small compared to shows in other parts of North America, it still attracted 162 exhibitors ranging from small specialty manufacturers to towns! The event was quite well attended by the public, with the largest crush of people showing up between opening and about 4pm on Saturday.

From my location at the Amundson rod booth I was able to talk to plenty of John Q Public and renew acquaintances that I had not seen since the last show including Don Chatwin of Moby Nets. While I wasn't able to spend as much time as I would have liked exploring the booths, I did get a chance to look at the new Dave Scadden "V" shaped pontoons, press a few buttons on the new Hummingbird sounders, stop by the Sage rod booth to chat with Todd Oishi, and talk with Rick Passek about his new book.

While attendance was probably down a bit from last year it was great to see such enthusiasm in fishing and outdoor activities in general.

Below are a few shots from the show. I'll get back to the business of discussing fly fishing and tying in my next post, but for now these will have to do.

Aaron

PS A big hand a thanks to Wei Zhang, the president of Amundson Outdoors for several of the photos below.

Angler's Alley

Camping and Lodge Areas

Amundson's Army (Pro-Staff)

Brian Chan stops for a chat (photo Wei Zhang)

Wei Zhang - President of Amundson Outdoors

Don Chatwin from Moby Nets

Rick Passek

Rick's New Book - The Freshman Flyfisher's Insect Guide

Jim and Patty from the BC Wildlife Federation

Pacific Angler Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment